January 11, 1999
Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, USA
John W. Schwada Building, Room 201 (JWS/COB 201)
If you are one of the Chinese Delegates
- When you arrive at Phoenix Skyharbor International
Airport on January 10th, a representative from Arizona State University
will be there to greet you. If you are not able to find the ASU representative, please
feel free to get a taxi to your hotel, the Courtyard by Marriott (please have three
delegates per taxi). The Courtyard by Marriott is located at 601 S. Ash Avenue, Tempe, AZ
85287, phone number: 602-966-2800. The distance between Phoenix Skyharbor International
Airport and the Courtyard by Marriott is approximately five miles and the taxi ride should
cost about ten dollars. In order to be reimbursed for your taxi ride, you should have a
receipt from the driver.
- Once you arrive at the Courtyard by Marriott (point A on your map), you will find your room reservation under
your name. If there are any problems, please do not hesitate to contact Amanda De La Cruz
through her pager at 593-2510.
- On the morning of January 11th, you can check out and leave your luggage at
- You may take the ASU FLASH shuttle,
located at the corner of Mill Avenue and 5th Street, to the conference site in
the John W. Schwada Building (JWS/COB 201). The boarding stop will be marked as point B on your map, and the exiting stop will be marked as point C on your map. The ASU FLASH shuttle will begin running
at 7:00 a.m. and runs every eight to ten minutes.
- A continental breakfast will be served at the conference site, JWS/COB 201, which is point D on the map.
- Lunch will be served at the University Club (point E on your
map), and will commence at 12:00 p.m.
- After lunch, we will be adjourning to the University Club parking lot where ASU vans
will be waiting to drive workshop attendees to the plant tours.
- Immediately following the plant tours, the ASU van will return you to the Courtyard by
Marriott where you may retrieve your luggage. You will then be driven to your terminal at
Phoenix Skyharbor International Airport.
If there are any further
questions or suggestions, please send them to the Program Coordinator, Professor Ampere A. Tseng, e-mail: email@example.com, Voice: (480) 965-8201; Fax: (480) 965-1384.